Posts tagged New York City
on new york
[photo credit: the blue hour]
After one official month of residency, some observations:
- You’ll start to appreciate life’s tiny victories, such as riding the subway without spilling coffee on yourself and finally learning the difference between “Avenues” and “Streets.”
- You’ll see beauty everywhere - in people, places and shiny things - but that means your eyes work a bit harder to notice details that you might otherwise have missed or ignored. This adjustment in sight is invaluable.
- You’ll make the naive mistake of believing that you can orchestrate a quick trip to Trader Joe’s. Hahahaha. You’ll be wrong.
- You’ll make many concessions on living spaces in return for a prime location that’s in walking distance to a park, a gay bar and/or a Korean taco restaurant.
- You’ll meet many people, and some of them will even be fun and cool, but you’ll spend most of your time with your nearby 24-hour deli.
- You’ll stuff your face with $2.50 falafel from that place in the East Village at 4 a.m., but your stomach will shame you five hours later.
- You’ll learn about “donation based” yoga that doesn’t limit the number of people who can practice in one room. Related: You’ll become more tolerant of random feet in your face.
- You’ll realize that now that you’re here, you can’t live anywhere else. Seriously. New York City has ruined you for other men.